Spokane Valley garage fire kills family's cat

Print
Email
|

by KREM.com

KREM.com

Posted on February 11, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Updated Tuesday, Feb 11 at 9:10 AM

SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. -- Fire damaged a garage and killed a family cat early Tuesday morning.

Authorities said the fire sparked around 1 a.m. on E. 32nd near N. Progress Rd.  The detached garage caught fire and spread to the nearby home.  The people inside the house escaped safely.

Flames damaged the exterior of the home. The garage sustained damage but was still standing after the fire.  A vehicle inside was also damaged. 

Investigators believed an electrical problem is to blame for the fire.

Print
Email
|