SPOKANE, Wash-- An electrical fire caused $50,000 in damage Sunday morning to a rental house near the intersection of Ivory St. and 12th Ave in the Perry District.
The Spokane Fire Department responded to reports of heavy smoke coming from the upper level of the home.
Officials said the fire started in the attic and was knocked within 10 minutes of the first responders’ arrival.
Firefighters found one occupant sleeping inside and helped that person evacuate according to the fire department. There were no injuries.
The fire received a full response of two ladder trucks, four engines, one heavy rescue, two battalion chiefs and 22 firefighters.
Water and fire damage was confined to the second floor according to fire officials. Authorities said the four renters will stay with friends and relatives until the damage is repaired.