Man transported to hospital following house fire

Print
Email
|

by KREM.com & Tove Tupper

KREM.com

Posted on October 28, 2011 at 4:50 AM

Updated Friday, Oct 28 at 2:59 PM

SPOKANE VALLEY-- A man was transported to Sacred Heart after a fire broke out in his Spokane Valley home Friday.

It happened just after 4:00 a.m. near 6th and Coleman.

Firefighters say a neighbor woke up to popping noises early Friday morning, and saw flames when she looked out her window. She called 911 and ran over to the house to find her neighbor coming out the door.

The man, 53, suffered smoke inhalation and his hair was singed, but will otherwise be okay. He was taken to the hospital for a full evaluation.

The resident rents the home, but does not have renters insurance. Officials are trying to contact the homeowner.

Two dogs were trapped inside the home, but crews were able to locate them, and they are well.

Officials say the fire does not appear to be suspicious, but an investigator will look over the scene later in the morning.

The Red Cross was called to help the victim.

Print
Email
|