What should KREM Jen name her new cat?
5 Signs You Are A Cat Lady:
- Purchase anything with cats on them including sweaters, dishes, picture frames, and blankets.
- Black clothing is no longer a functional part of your wardrobe.
- Anything less than a devoted love for felines could be a deal-breaker in a blossoming relationship,
- Your Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram = extensive cat photo galleries.
- It’s really hard to compete any work online when there is an endless supply of cute cat videos on the internet.
But if you are KREM Jen you're missing the key part of being a seasoned cat lady. Until Tuesday morning, Jen didn't own a cat but thanks to SpokAnimal that has changed.
SpokAnimal searched high and low to bring Jen a Persian kitten as part of Mission Meow, but she needs your helping picking a name for her new friend. Click the poll to the right to vote on a name for KREM Jen's new cat (mobile users click here). Voting ends Wednesday, July 23 at 5:00 a.m. on KREM.com.
You can also tweet in suggestions using "#MissionMeow" in your post or use the hashtag to share pictures of your kitten with KREM 2 News. #MissionMeow photos might be used on KREM 2 News and KREM.com.
You can join KREM Jen too by upping your cat lady status and adopting a pet this summer. Adoptions do more than match a kitten with a friendly home.
Each adoption during the summer months helps SpokAnimal compete in the ASPCA Rachael Ray $100K Challenge. The national three-month competition helps to inspire animal shelters—and those who support them—to go above and beyond to increase pet adoption, reunite lost pets with their families and save more animals’ lives. The ASPCA Rachael Ray $100K Challenge consists of 50 animal shelters and ends August 31. The shelters are competing to break their own adoption records and save the most animals over the same period in 2013. Winners and finalists will earn prize grants, ranging from $5,000 to $100,000, so they can save even more animals in the future.
As of Tuesday morning, the $100K Challenge had saved the lives of more than 24,000 animals nationwide. SpokAnimal has saved more than 270 lives of local pets as part of the challenge.
Top KREM.com Cat Stories of 2014:
- Spokane fire crews save cat from fire with CPR
- Happy 2nd Birthday Grumpy Cat
- Unlikely friendship between lynx and cat at Russian zoo
- Hero cat saves small boy from dog attack