MEDICAL LAKE-- A Medical Lake girl suffered second degree burns when a firework hit her Wednesday.
Were told the 6-year-old was taken to the hospital by her parents. She suffered burns to her chest, behind her ear and singed hair after a firework fell over on Justin Avenue
Later that evening at the same location a neighbor lit fireworks. Investigators say the fireworks used were legal but they were being fired from a homemade pipe which may have malfunctioned, causing mortars to shoot all over the neighborhood.
The Sheriff's Office is investigating for negligence or recklessness.
At this point there is not a criminal case.