SPOKANE, Wash. -- Officials said the Spokane Fire Department responded to Garry Middle School at 725 East Joseph to reports of a fire.
Officials said the first crews to arrive saw smoke and fire showing from an entrance on the east side of the school on the first floor. Crews said the fire had started around a metal entrance door that contained a Plexiglas panel.
Fire crews quickly put the fire out before spreading but the melted plastic caused heavy smoke. Crews were on the scene for about an hour ventilating. The flames were under control within 15 minutes according to authorities and no injuries were reported.