SPOKANE, Wash. -- Fire crews spent hours tackling flames at a northwest Spokane home.
It sparked around 2 a.m. in the 6000 block of North Greenwood Boulevard.
Firefighters arrived on scene to find smoke popping out of the back of the house, as well as the eaves.
Crews began fighting the fire once they accounted for everyone living there. The flames were under control within 20 minutes, but the fire department stayed on scene until after 4 a.m. to manage hot spots and treat the family.
No one was injured in the fire, but the residents were each treated for smoke inhalation. One of the family members in particular needed treatment after attempting to extinguish the fire with a garden hose.
A fish smoker on the back porch started the fire, according to investigators.
The Red Cross is assisting the family.
The kitchen, two bedrooms and part of the attic were damaged.