SPOKANE, Wash. -- Firefighters responding to a house fire in North Spokane Friday morning were slowed down when a car drove over a hose, authorities said.
The driver was reportedly driving erratically near the active fire scene around E. Perry Avenue and N. Rich Street. Police cited the person.
Neighbors reported seeing smoke coming from the house Friday not far from Rogers High School. They alerted the homeowners, who made it out safely.
Authorities said the family was displaced by the fire because of heavy smoke damage to the house. Red Cross was responding to the scene to provide assistance to the victims.
The basement was heavily damaged. The rest of the home suffered heat and smoke damage.
Fire investigators believed an electrical-related issue may have sparked the fire but it is still under investigation.