SPOKANE -- Investigators said a fire that displaced one dozen people at a West Spokane motel started in a basement dryer.
Firefighters were called to the West Wynn Hotel at 2701 W. Sunset Highway around 5:15 p.m. Saturday.
Workers said all of the guests were evacuated because of heavy smoke.
Fire crews were able to get the fire out in less than a half hour. Guests were allowed back into the first floor rooms just after 6:00 p.m.
Firefighters wanted to wait until carbon monoxide levels got back to safe levels to let the guests staying on the second level back into their rooms.
No one was hurt.