MULLAN, Idaho -- A fire early Tuesday destroyed two century old buildings in Mullan, Idaho.
Authorities with the Shoshone County Fire District #1 said flames had engulfed the Silver Eagle Bar and the United Steel Workers hall when they arrived on scene around 2 a.m. It is on the 200 block of Earle Avenue.
Firefighters were unable to save the buildings and both were destroyed. The buildings were likely over 100 years old, according to experts.
Officials said the heat was so intense from the flames of the fire it broke the windows at a museum across the street.
"That was on of the buildings that had a lot of historic things in it and now they're all gone," said Sharon Miner who lives near the building.
Firefighters spent about three hours containing the fire and remained on the scene for much of the day to put out any hot spots.
Fire crews said the buildings were unoccupied at the time and no injuries were reported.
A state fire marshal was called in to investigate what sparked the fire.
The fire comes just hours after some in town gathered to talk about how to preserve these buildings.