Fans forced to evacuate Dark Knight premier because of overheated A/C

Print
Email
|

by Shawn Chitnis & KREM.com

KREM.com

Posted on July 20, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Updated Friday, Jul 20 at 6:41 PM

SPOKANE--Local movie fans had to evacuate a midnight showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" in downtown Spokane when smoke started coming through the vents.
 
Staff with River Park Square says they had to evacuate more than 2,000 people because of a problem with their air conditioning.
 
More than an hour before the midnight screening, an overheated air conditioning system let smoke out of vents inside the building.
 
Fans of the film were shocked when they were asked to exit the theater.  At first, some fans were told they’d have to come back the next day for a refund, but eventually were let back in.

Friday, some were back to see the film again but this time were aware of the deadly experience others went through.  They say they’re saddened by the dark beginning to this film's release, especially because they believe the message of the movie contradicts the tragedy in Colorado.

Print
Email
|