Employees put out dryer fire at Spokane Valley retirement home

Print
Email
|

by KREM.com

KREM.com

Posted on December 18, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Updated Wednesday, Dec 18 at 2:20 PM

SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. -- Employees at a retirement home managed to act quickly and put out a fire Wednesday morning.

The fire started around 6 a.m. at the Rose Pointe Retirement Community on the 13000 block of E. Mission Ave.  Firefighters said it started in the dryer.  The employees doused the flames with a fire extinguisher before the fire could spread.

Smoke filled a hallway but firefighters decided residents were not in danger and did not evacuate the building. 

Crews treated some employees for minor smoke inhalation.

Print
Email
|