Electrical fire damages Northeast Spokane home

Electrical fire damages Northeast Spokane home

Electrical fire damages Northeast Spokane home

Print
Email
|

by KREM.com

KREM.com

Posted on April 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Updated Thursday, Nov 7 at 11:10 AM

SPOKANE -- An electrical fire damaged a Northeast Spokane home Sunday morning.

It happened on the 2200 block of East Heroy just after 10 a.m.  Firefighters arrived within three minutes of the emergency call to find smoke coming from the one-story home's attic.

Nobody was home at the time.  The fire was located by a thermal imaging camera in the ceiling above the bathroom.  It was put out within 20 minutes.  Firefighters stayed at the scene for another two hours opening up surrounding walls and ceiling to remove any smoldering insulation.  Nobody was hurt.

The Special Investigation Unit determined that the fire started in the attic above the bathroom and is electrical in nature.

The family of four has been relocated and is staying with other family members until repairs can be made.

Print
Email
|