Dog sent into emergency surgery, family finds tainted meat in yard

Print
Email
|

by KREM.com

KREM.com

Posted on January 12, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Updated Sunday, Jan 12 at 4:22 PM

SPOKANE, Wash—One family’s pit bull spent two hours in surgery Friday after eating a meatball tainted with rat poison.

There were several of the meatballs thrown across the lawn of the home at the corner of Wellesley and I. Street.

The pit bull, Charlie, was sent into emergency surgery Friday after he began projectile vomiting. The veterinarian said Charlie had abnormally high levels of phosphorous in his system. Doctors said his intestines had to be pulled from his stomach to be cleaned.

Charlie’s family was devastated. A friend, Molly Pate, began searching for the culprit.

“There is no one we can think of,” she said. “There’s no anger against this family. They are the sweetest family ever.”

Pate said a similar incident happened across the street on New Year’s Day. She worried the person responsible could live nearby.

The person responsible could face felony charges for animal cruelty. Pate offered a $500 reward for any tips that lead to a conviction.

Charlie was recovering Sunday.


Print
Email
|