SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - A brush fire started on the hillside behind the Whimsical Pig Apartment complex on East Mission Thursday night.
The fire moved quickly through the dry grass on the hillside around 10pm. Flames came dangerously close to the apartments.
“I was wondering if someone was messing around with fireworks or what might have caused the fire,” said apartment resident Patrick Godek.”
Firefighters stopped the fire just 30 feet away from the Spokane hyberbaric chamber, which is full of liquid oxygen.
Nobody was hurt and there was no damage to any buildings.