Firefighters blame Roman candle for N. Spokane house fire

Print
Email
|

by HONORA SWANSON & KREM.com

KREM.com

Posted on July 3, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Updated Thursday, Jan 9 at 12:45 PM

SPOKANE, Wash.--Firefighters suspect that a firecracker sparked a North Spokane brush fire that spread to a house Wednesday.

Investigators found a Roman candle near the scene at Chestnut and Broadway. They believe the bottle rocket caught nearby bushes of fire.

Crews arrived at the scene around 4:00 p.m. and found smoke coming from the house. Firefighters said the flames spread from the front yard and to the roof.

 

Print
Email
|