SPOKANE—A nine year old Spokane girl who accidentally lit herself on fire nearly two months ago could be returning home soon.
In July, Blaze Ervin badly burned nearly half of her body after her shirt caught on fire when she was playing with a lighter. Since then, she has been recovering in Harborview Medical Center’s burn unit in Seattle.
She had second and third degree burns covered her chest, face, ears and arms.
Ervin’s family says she still has a long road of recovery ahead of her, but they believe she has an unbreakable spirit.
Her family hopes to bring her home to Spokane next week. If all goes according to plan, she could start the fourth grade within the next month.
A local motorcycle club is sponsoring a fundraiser for Blaze this Sunday.