911 calls released from Delbert Belton murder investigation




Posted on May 9, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Updated Friday, May 9 at 10:35 PM

SPOKANE, Wash. -- KREM 2 News filed a public disclosure request in November for the complete police discovery in the Delbert Belton murder case.

Belton, 88, was a World War II veteran who was found beaten to death back in August at Eagles Ice A-Rena. Demetrius Glenn and Kenan Adams-Kinard were arrested days after the attack and are still in custody.

New documents showed that Belton was beaten to death with fists and he had multiple injuries to his neck and shoulder area.

RELATED: Delbert Belton murder suspect’s brother arrested for shooting

KREM 2 News also obtained the three 911 calls from the night Belton was killed.

The woman said she was Belton’s friend, Natalie, during the call.

Natalie: "I drove up and got out of the car. I went to get in there. He was choking on his own blood."

Dispatch: "They beat him up, did they have weapons?"

Natalie: "I don't know. I was just driving in I saw two black boys in all black running. They were running toward Division."

MORE: Trial for Delbert Belton's accused killers pushed back

Documents said other witnesses saw Glenn and Adams-Kinards with two other friends. Officials said a third male’s DNA was found on a glove at the crime scene but it is unclear whom it belonged to.

KREM 2 News also obtained video of detectives interviewing Adams-Kinard. In the video, the detective starts by saying, "What's up?" and offered water.

READ:Delbert Belton murder suspects fingerprints found in victim's car

"Kind of the way things are unfolding right now, I might not know everything that happened," Detective Jeff Barrington said to Kinard. "I've talked to your friends here tonight and they've kind of enlightened me. I'd like to talk to you. I know there's some things I don't know."

Kinard then said he wanted an attorney. You can see him hang his head as detectives leave. Video then shows him being photographed before he was booked into jail.