Fire damages attic in Northeast Spokane home

Fire damages attic in Northeast Spokane home

Fire damages attic in Northeast Spokane home

Print
Email
|

by KREM.com

KREM.com

Posted on September 26, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Updated Thursday, Sep 26 at 9:02 PM

SPOKANE, Wash. -- Fire crews responded to a fire in a home on North Hogan near Carlisle Avenue.

It happened around 11 a.m. Thursday. Authorities said the two people living in the two-story house were able to get out safely and crews discovered light smoke coming from the roof.

Firefighters located the fire in the home’s attic. The ceiling in one of the second floor rooms was pulled down to extinguish the fire. Crews also removed burnt insulation.

Fire investigators determined fire was electrical. The damage was confined to the second floor ceiling, wiring and attic. There was no other damage to the rest of the house.

The power to the house has been shut off until an electrician repairs the wiring that was damaged by the fire.

 

Print
Email
|