LIBERTY LAKE--Two People were taken to the hospital after a fire at Precision Manufacturing in Liberty Lake Friday.
Just after 6 p.m. employees reported a fire in the grinding operation area where the firm prepares parts for coating. Some employees called 911 while others attempted to contain the fire with fire extinguishers and a garden hose.
When firefighters arrived at the firm, located at 1711 N. Madison St., they noticed smoke coming from the building and a number of employees still inside.
The fire was extinguished and damage was confined to the grinding operation ventilation system.
Fourteen employees were treated for potential respiratory problems after being exposed to toxic smoke. Two were transported to Deaconess Medical Center for precautionary evaluation.