SPOKANE-- A free health and wellness fair is scheduled to offer free health services for the entire family on Friday.
The Health & Wellness Fair offers information and free health services such as: flu vaccinations, mammograms, vision testing, dental screenings, DSHS application assistance as well as workshops and advice on how to access local health services.
The fair is presented by Community-Minded Enterprises in partnership with Spokane Calvary, Molina Healthcare, United Healthcare, Coordinated Care and Amerigroup.
The following educational sessions run on the hour from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. and include application assistance and information on a variety of healthcare topics:
• Medicare open enrollment and understanding benefits, presented by SHIBA
• Troubleshooting, accessibility and maintaining your benefits on state programs, presented by Heath Care Authority (HCA)
• SSI and SSDI information and changes, presented by Plan to Work and Community-Minded Enterprises
• DSHS/Washington Connection eligibility information and open enrollment
• Chronic Disease Management, presented by Molina
• Assistance programs to help move people from crisis to self-sufficiency, presented by SNAP
This is a free event. The Health & Wellness Fair is open from 10:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and includes free lunch and a take-home dinner.
The event is being held on the north side at Spokane Calvary, 511 W. Hastings Rd., Spokane, WA 99218.