SPOKANE COUNTY -- The director of the 911 Call Center in Spokane said her operators have not been able to answer some quickly enough.
The center’s coal is to answer an incoming emergency call within 20 seconds -- or about three rings. That happens about 98% of the time, according to Director Lorlee Mizell. The other 2% of the time is a concern for Mizell.
Now the center is getting some help.
The Spokane County Board of Commissioners approved hiring seven additional call receivers in the 2013 budget.
Hiring is expected to begin at the start of next year.