North Spokane fire blamed on faulty wiring

North Spokane fire blamed on faulty wiring

North Spokane fire blamed on faulty wiring

Print
Email
|

by KREM.com

KREM.com

Posted on February 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Updated Sunday, Feb 3 at 10:15 AM

SPOKANE, Wash. -- Spokane Fire officials say a late night fire in north Spokane was due to faulty knob and tube wiring.

Firefighters say the fire broke out at 1023 West Fairview around midnight on Sunday. When they arrived there was light smoke coming from the roof vents on the second floor of the multi-family two story home.

The fire was located in the attic above the kitchen. Fire officials say the flames were quickly put out but they had to remain on the scene for two hours to remove smoldering insulation and to clean up debris.

One person will be displace from the home until the damage and faulty wiring are fixed. The Red Cross is assisting that person.

The first floor residents were able to remain in their home.

No one was injured.

Print
Email
|