Motel guests evacuate after dryer catches fire

Print
Email
|

by KREM.com

KREM.com

Posted on February 2, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Updated Sunday, Nov 24 at 11:55 AM

SPOKANE -- Investigators said a fire that displaced one dozen people at a West Spokane motel started in a basement dryer.

Firefighters were called to the West Wynn Hotel at 2701 W. Sunset Highway around 5:15 p.m. Saturday.

Workers said all of the guests were evacuated because of heavy smoke.

Fire crews were able to get the fire out in less than a half hour. Guests were allowed back into the first floor rooms just after 6:00 p.m.

Firefighters wanted to wait until carbon monoxide levels got back to safe levels to let the guests staying on the second level back into their rooms.

No one was hurt.
 

Print
Email
|