Grandma catches baby dangling from second story window

Print
Email
|

by KREM.com

KREM.com

Posted on March 1, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Updated Monday, Nov 25 at 6:51 AM

SPOKANE, Wash.-- A grandmother happened to be in the right place at the right time as her grandchild fell from a second story window in Spokane.

 

Authorities said Connie Svoboda was outside of a home on the 2400 block of North Lincoln smoking a cigarette.  At the same time, the mother, Tabatha Prichard, and 14-month-old Jessie were in a second story room.  According to officials, the toddler was jumping on the bed and just as a friend told Prichard the nearby window was open, the toddler fell out.

 

Investigators said Prichard jumped after the child, catching his foot, and struggled as it left both dangling from the window.  At this time, Prichard let go of Jessie and Svoboda caught the young boy in her arms.  Prichard also tumbled to the ground and landed on her shoulder.

 

"I caught him but barely you know. He's still banged up. He got banged up on the house," said Svoboda.

 

Medics rushed Prichard and Jessie to the hospital.  Jessie had a minor cut on his face and the back of his head. Prichard also had cuts and bruises but no broken bones.

"He's content even though we just had a traumatizing experience but he's still my happy, happy boy," said Prichard.

 

Print
Email
|