NEWPORT, Wash. -- Inmates in the Pend Oreille County Jail were placed on lock down for several hours on Sunday after some inmates became unruly and encouraged others to riot according to authorities.
Officials said six criminal cases are being investigated as a result of behavior before and during the lockdown, including counts of Malicious Mischief for flooding two jail cells. Officials said they are also investigating two separate inmate vs. inmate assaults, an inmate vs. corrections officer assault, and an inmate who allegedly intimidated a witness.
Deputies and more corrections officers were called into help during the lockdown and the investigation. Three inmates received medical attention but authorities said there were no serious injuries.
The following inmates are facing pending criminal charges:
· Rikki N. Bays, WFA, age 29, from Newport –Prison Riot, Malicious Mischief, Assault 4;
· Richard Deon Smith, “Ricky” WMA, age 27 from Newport – Prison Riot;
· Krisstarah T. Bennett, WFA, age 22, from Newport – Prison Riot, Malicious Mischief;
· Jerry L. McIntosh, WMA, age 22, from Newport – Prison Riot, Malicious Mischief;
· Thomas D. E. Gillock, WMA, age 20 from Spokane – Prison Riot, Malicious Mischief;
· Justin M. Meckler, WMA, age 21 from Old Town, Idaho – Prison Riot, Malicious Mischief;
· Robert J. Kelly, WMA, age 19, from Newport – Prison Riot, Malicious Mischief;
· Cody D. Gibbs, WMA, age 20, from Newport – Prison Riot, Malicious Mischief;
· Cole L. Healy, WMA, age 30, from Newport – Assault 4th Degree;
· Wesley O. Lubhan, WMA, age34, from Newport – Assault 3rd Degree