SPOKANE, Wash. -- One of the two men accused in a deadly shooting at The Hop concert venue was released from jail Tuesday.
Murder charges against Kalen Bedford, 23, were dropped. Bedford, however, was still a person of interest in the case. Sources said witnesses refusing to cooperate with investigators led, in large part, to charges against Bedford being dropped.
WATCH: The Hop shooting victim killed “in cold blood,” says witness
Bedford was arrested along with Carlos Fuentes, 25, in the death of Julian Morrison on September 8 at The Hop on Monroe Street.
Earlier this month, Defense lawyers for Fuentes filed the motion to dismiss charges against the 25 year old, but the case was ordered to move forward to trial.
WATCH: 'The Hop' murder suspect denied release
A confidential informant claimed a confrontation between Morrison and Fuentes at The Hop started over women.
The family of Kalen Bedford told KREM 2 News they were grateful to have him out of jail and with the family for Thanksgiving. Family members added they had always maintained the innocence of Bedford, whom they described as a "loving father."
Bedford’s mother is defending her son.
“We are just so happy to have him home,” said Bedford’s mother Jacklon Bedford.
His family described him as a committed family man.
“He is an awesome son. He has two kids. They are just awesome kids, I am just so fortunate,” said Jacklon Bedford.
She said while she is grateful that her son is home she has not forgotten about the other side in the case.
“I want to send out my condolences to Julian's mother. Everyone seems to have forgotten that a mother has lost her child to where he will never be back on this earth again. I am just so fortunate to have my son home for the holidays,” said Jacklon Bedford.
Bedford’s charges could be refiled.