SPOKANE COUNTY, Wash.--The warmer temperatures had repair crews busy fixing busted pipes on Tuesday. Companies had dozens of calls in just a few days.
Most of the damage was to businesses and schools, according to companies.
“The floor had about an inch of water,” said Central Valley High School Principal Mike Hittle.
The choir room at Central Valley High School looked like it was under construction. The damage done was from a pipe that burst on the roof on Saturday.
"The water came through the ceiling there, you can see where there were ceiling tiles,” said Hittle.
Drama students noticed the damage.
"They saw water out in the hallway because it was seeping out,” said Hittle.
The students were able to save as much stuff as they could.
"They saved a bunch of sheet music from our library and some equipment,” said Hittle.
The damage was not only in the choir room. Some of the smaller rooms were damaged, mainly from water seeping from under walls and on the carpet.
Multiple fans were working to dry out the room, but it could take weeks before it is ready to use.
Belfor, a restoration company, said the issue was weather related. They said the pipes burst when there is a freeze and when it heats up. They said the water thaws which causes the pipes to burst.
Crews were also working Tuesday to dry out more than a dozen rooms and the lobby inside the Wingate Hotel at the Spokane Airport. A pipe broke on the third floor and the sixth there.