SPOKANE, Wash. -- The fifth annual SpokeFest on Sunday meant road closures on some local streets.
SpokeFest organizers call it the largest bicycling event in the Inland Northwest catering to all levels of riders. The event promotes leading a healthy lifestyle and also aims to highlight the beauty of Spokane.
SpokeFest festivities, however, will shut down the following stretches of roadway from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday:
• Spokane Falls Boulevard from Stevens to Post Street
• Wall and Howard from Main Street to Spokane Falls Boulevard
• Post Street Bridge Closed
• Post Street from Bridge Street to Spokane Falls Boulevard
• Lincoln Street from Main to Spokane Falls Boulevard
• Main Street from Lincoln Street to Cedar
• Monroe Street from Boone to Main Street
• Riverside from Hemlock to Government Way
• Government Way from Sunset Boulevard to Greenwood northbound
• Southbound Aubrey White from Rifle Club to Downriver Drive
• Southbound Downriver Drive to Pettet Drive
• Southbound Pettet Drive (Doomsday Hill)