Spokane man wakes up at mom’s house to box of chips on fire

Print
Email
|

by KREM.com

KREM.com

Posted on September 18, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Updated Wednesday, Sep 18 at 4:36 PM

SPOKANE, Wash. -- A Spokane man got a rude awakening early Wednesday.

The man in his mid-twenties woke up at his mother’s house near Moran and Donora to the smoke alarm ringing.  When he came out into the kitchen, he found a box of chips had ignited on top of an electric range.

He quickly grabbed a fire extinguisher and attempted to put out the fire.  He was successful at first but then it flared up again.  Firefighters arrived just in time and put it out completely.

There was extensive damage to appliances and cupboards above the range.  However, no injuries were reported.
 

Print
Email
|