Spokane man injured in house explosion

Print
Email
|

by KREM.com

KREM.com

Posted on March 16, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Updated Tuesday, Mar 18 at 10:13 AM

SPOKANE, Wash.—Fire officials said an explosive device detonated inside a North Spokane home on Sunday night.
 
Authorities said it happened near W. Gardner and N. Maple Street.     

Fire crews immediately entered the house as soon as they got on scene. They said they found the victim critically injured. Officials said the house had extensive damage and was filled with a moderate amount of smoke.    
 
Officials said a man who lived at the house was transported to Sacred Heat for burns and blast injuries from the explosion. Police said the man claimed to have had fireworks in his lap that exploded.

Fire crews said there was no structural damage to the residence.

No one was allowed back inside the home until fire investigators and an Explosion Disposal Unit could search the residence and make sure the home was safe.

Print
Email
|