SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. -- A fire broke out early Saturday morning at a duplex in the Spokane Valley.
Fire crews were called to the 8900 block of E. Broadway around 3 a.m.
Authorities said the fire could be seen through the roof of the home. No one was in the duplex at the time of the fire.
Crews were able to put out the fire within 30 minutes. Most of the damage to the duplex was on the building's main floor and the roof.
Officials said this is the second fire at this duplex in the last 5 months.
The cause of the fire is suspicious. The department's accelerant detection canine worked on the scene to help determine a cause.