Shadle chimney fire displaces 3 people

Shadle chimney fire displaces 3 people

Shadle chimney fire displaces 3 people

Print
Email
|

by KREM.com

KREM.com

Posted on December 10, 2013 at 3:51 AM

Updated Tuesday, Dec 10 at 3:53 AM

SPOKANE, Wash. -- Fire crews responded early Tuesday morning to a chimney fire in Shadle.

Officials said that the people in the home on West Gordon Avenue and North Oak Street had their fireplace lit like normal on the main floor when debris in the chimney caught fire. Fire crews said that the fire spread a few feet up into the second floor and down into the basement. The flames burned through two floor joists, but crews said there was mostly just heavy smoke damage.

Authorities said that there were small flames showing, but those were quickly doused.

Officials said that the three people who lived in the home will not be able to stay in the house overnight.

Print
Email
|