SPOKANE, Wash.--Geno’s in North Spokane is under new ownership following a June fire which closed the restaurant.
The new owners said they were looking to buy Geno’s before a three-alarm fire destroyed part of the building near Hamilton and Sinto. Co-owner Marshall Powell said he looked at the old restaurants less than a week before the fire. Powell said they have repaired everything from new wiring to sheetrock.
WATCH: Three-alarm fire damages Geno's and apartments
The June 15th fire also destroyed neighboring apartments. Investigators called the fire arson but never charged a suspect.
“It'd be nice to catch a person who tried to burn a building down,” said Powell. “But it really doesn't affect us very much.”
He said insurance with the old owners covered most of the damage, which was contained to the outside and the walk-in cooler. The new owners closed the deal at the end of August according to Powell.
WATCH: Investigators review security video
The new ownership group also plans to make cosmetic changes. Powell said they are working to redesign the dinning room and the menu.
“We just kind of throw our concept out there, and let it evolve into whatever it becomes,” added Powell.
Geno’s will take on more of a college sports bar feel according to Powell. He is one of four partners operating the newly renovated Geno’s. The four partners are the same people behind The Elk in Browne’s Addition and The Two Seven in South Spokane.