House destroyed in Stevens County fire

Print
Email
|

by KREM.com

KREM.com

Posted on October 16, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Updated Thursday, Oct 17 at 11:58 AM

VALLEY, Wash.-- A house fire sent one woman to the hospital Wednesday night.

Fire crews said it happened around 7:00 p.m. on Hesseltine Road, north of Deer Park. Authorities said the woman heard what she thought was a propane leak and went outside to check it out. Crews said it was an explosion.

It took crews some time to get to the home, which was located in a remote area. Crews from Stevens County Fire District 1 said the house was just on the edge of their jurisdiction.

Authorities said the victim, in her 70s, suffered first-degree burns to her hands and face but was expected to be okay.  The house was a total loss.

 

Print
Email
|