SPOKANE-- Firefighters have located the point of origin in Wednesday’s apartment fire that ripped through a North Spokane building.
Spokane Fire Department says the fire originated outside a first floor window, on the north side of the building.
Neighbors told KREM 2 they believed a cigarette started the fire. Officials say there are cigarettes near that location but they aren't calling that the cause yet.
Investigators are interviewing witnesses including a man who was smoking outside.
Fire investigators are photographing the wiring inside the building.
Demolition of the building will begin around 5 p.m.
Officials say about half of the building will be demolished.
To read the original story click here.