SPOKANE -- Firefighters quickly put out a house fire in Northeast Spokane Tuesday morning.
The fire started just before 5:00am near Mission and Riverton. Firefighters say four teenage boys who were inside the home woke to find smoke filling the house. They believe the fire started near the fireplace. Everyone got out safely.
Firefighters say this is the second fire in the home in less than a week. A fire broke out last Wednesday. Power was shut off to the home and the American Red Cross provided shelter for the family. However, firefighters say two of the teenage boys returned to the house along with two friends. Firefighters say they should not have been there. Firefighters say they will now order the family not to return until the home is deemed safe.