Dog blamed for apartment fire in Wenatchee

Dog blamed for apartment fire in Wenatchee

Credit: Getty Images

Dog blamed for apartment fire in Wenatchee

Print
Email
|

by Associated Press

KREM.com

Posted on October 26, 2013 at 1:17 PM

WENATCHEE, Wash. (AP) -- Fire officials said a dog reaching for treats started a fire that caused some smoke damage to an apartment in Wenatchee.
 
Wenatchee Fire Marshal Mark Yaple said it appears that the black Labrador was reaching for a bag of dog food left on a stove top when it turned the stove on with its paw.
 
Yaple says the residents were not at home when fire crews arrived.
 
He says emergency crews were able to revive the dog with mouth-to-snout resuscitation. Damage was estimated at $10,000.

Print
Email
|