Elderly woman burned, fire ravages home

Print
Email
|

by KTVB.COM

KREM.com

Posted on December 18, 2013 at 1:59 PM

BOISE -- A Boise home is extremely damaged, possibly even a complete loss, after a fire.

Boise Fire Battalion Chief Steve Rasulo says a propane heater likely sparked it.

Rasulo says an elderly woman who was inside the home is now at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center with burns on her legs.

Firefighters responded to the home on Nez Perce Street at around 11:40 p.m. Tuesday.  Crews evacuated the neighbors just in case the fire spread, and were able to keep it from moving beyond the one home.

"When we start getting into the cold weather, people start using supplemental heating sources -- whether it be electrical or gas substances," Rasulo said. "And we just want people to be very cautious that we do have an increased number of fires due to those supplemental heating devices."

Again, Boise Fire tells us the fire appears to have started because of a propane gas buildup in the home's propane heater.

Print
Email
|