Yesterday, I wrote about drawing in crowds to your garage sale. I mean, after all,, if there are no people then there is no sale. Today, we're going to talk about how to actually sell your items successfully.
5 Ways to Make the Most Money at Your Garage Sale
1. Group Items Together: Try to avoid the my-garage-just-threw-up look and take the time to organize your sale. The majority of people tend to avoid junk pile sales, organization is key.
2. Keep the Stories to Yourself: Sometimes we become attached to certain items and other items have real sentimental value. At the end of the day, your attachment does not mean the item is worth more money. Keep that in mind when pricing, sentimental value does not mean monetary value.
3. Research Your Prices: Utilize eBay, Craigslist and other websites to find the value of your items. It is so important to price just right and it's easy to do, all you need is a little research!
4. Clean Your Stuff: Yep, that's right. A little water will go a long way! I can't tell you how many garage sales I have been to where it looks like their items just came out of a mud puddle. Mud won't sell kids toys nor clothes. It is very important that your items remain clean and organized.
5. Keep it Short: A lot of people do 2 day garage sales or even 3 days, for the most part, the majority of your traffic will come that very first day. That doesn't mean it's not a good idea, it's simply something to keep in mind. If you advertise your sale well and if you price reasonably, your items could easily be gone on the very first day!
Check out the video below: