This week, several people have asked me about becoming a secret shopper. I thought now would be a good time to bring back a guest post all about secret shopping, the post below is from a company that I have had a lot of experience with and would recommend.
A couple of years ago I was trying hard to make extra money from home and I started researching mystery shopping. The only problem was that I found most companies were asking for upfront fees or just didn't look right. That's when I heard about ShopperJobs.com.
ShopperJobs.com (or Shoppers, Inc), is a reputable Secret Shopper company. If you're interested in earning some extra income doing this line of work, I highly recommend you follow their 5 guidelines so you don't get trapped into a mystery shopping scam:
Five ways to recognize a reputable, legitimate mystery shopping company:
1. A legitimate company shows their contact information on their website.
2. A legitimate company email's have their actual web address after the "@" sign in their email address. If you aren't sure, take the words after the "@" sign and type it in your browser; that should open their website. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org. Yahoo.com is not a shopper company. Info@shopperjobs.com: www.shopperjobs.com is a legitimate company.
3. Legitimate companies pay YOU. They DO NOT ask you for a fee to sign up.
4. Legitimate companies do not send you a check, then ask you to cash it or deposit it in your bank account, and then ask you to send money back, via money wiring service. THIS IS A SCAM!!
5. Legitimate companies offer you shopping jobs and you decide whether or not to accept them.
If you ever question if a company is legitimate or not, you can contact the MSPA (Mystery Shopping Providers Association). The MSPA certifies only reputable and ethical mystery shopping companies.
You can go to their website, www.mysteryshop.org, click on NORTH AMERICA on the world map, then click on SHOPPERS, and finally click on MEMBER COMPANIES on the left side menu. This displays companies that are reputable, ethical, and legitimate.
***Check this list first BEFORE you give any personal information online or by phone to ANY mystery shopping company. You may also contact the MSPA by phone at 972-406-1104.
Please Note: Scammers set up bogus/fraudulent websites, making you think they are legitimate by copying the MSPA logo to their website. This is how they scam people. This is why checking the MSPA Member List FIRST is so important!!! We must put these scammers out of business and make them get REAL jobs!
Shoppers, Inc. has been in business since 1986 and are based in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. We survey businesses all over the United States and are members of the Mystery Shopping Providers Association (MSPA).
Study these great guidelines from Shoppers, Inc and PLEASE be careful out there when trying to find ways to earn extra cash. I had a great experience with this company, if think mystery shopping is for you, please take these guidelines to heart and you'll have fun earning that extra cash!