Want to be a Christmas hero? Check out the Hot Toy Reservation program from Toys R Us and RESERVE the latest toys for your child so you don't deal with the mad holiday rush! How does such a program work? Well, all you have to do is visit ToysRUs.com and check out this Hot Toy List. Find the toy you want, bring the list to the Toys R Us customer service desk and put down a 20% deposit.
Literally, they'll reserve the toy for you.
Want specifics? Here's the terms:
Terms and Conditions:
- Non-Refundable deposit of 20% of total price, including coupons, due upon signing of order. All taxes are collected at the time of final payment.
- Deposit must be made at time of order completion. Failure to do so will result in automatic cancellation of order.
- You may not make changes to this Hot Toy order. If you no longer desire the specified merchandise, you must cancel your order.
- Only certain designated items are available for Hot Toy. Toys “R” Us reserves the right to limit items and quantities available.
- You may pay the full balance on your Hot Toy order at any time.
- Guests will be contacted when orders are ready for pick-up at the store. Orders not picked up by December 16, 2012 will be considered abandoned (Excluding Hawaii, Ohio, Maryland, Alaska and Puerto Rico). Abandoned orders will be returned to inventory.
- A picture ID is required for all new Hot Toy contracts, pickups, and refunds. Hot Toy contracts are non-transferable.
- You may request a written record of your payments at any time. You will receive a receipt for each payment made towards the balance due.
- You may cancel your Hot Toy order at any time by notifying the store where you made your order. You must cancel your order in person or in writing.
- In the event of any cancellation a full refund less the deposit will be refunded to you in person at the store where you placed your original Hot Toy order. In Maryland and Rhode Island, the amount retained by the store cannot exceed 10% of the purchase amount. In Ohio, this amount cannot exceed 10% of the purchase amount and cannot exceed $25. In Alabama, the deposit amount retained cannot exceed $25.
- If, when you make your final payment, we are unable to provide you with the merchandise specified in this Hot Toy contract, you will receive a full refund of your deposit and all subsequent payments made under this contract except as provided by law.
- In Maryland, if the price of the item you order is reduced within 10 days of your order, you are entitled to a credit for the difference in price.
- In Maryland, there is no cancellation or service fee for orders cancelled within 7 days of the order. In Rhode Island, and Ohio, there is no cancellation fee for orders cancelled within 14 days of the order.
- Toys “R” Us may modify these terms and conditions at any time and your sole remedy for any such modification will be cancellation of your order.
Well, it sounds like it's not too bad especially if you're trying to skip out on the crowds. What do you think?