Flames gut Spokane Valley home

Print
Email
|

by KREM.com

KREM.com

Posted on January 24, 2011 at 1:24 AM

Updated Monday, Jan 24 at 4:51 PM

SPOKANE VALLEY -- Spokane Valley Fire Department responded to a house fire in the 200 block of north Union road just after 9pm Sunday. Five fire engines with one ladder truck and a rescue unit had the fire under control in about 15 minutes.

Neighbors stated they heard a “pop,” looked outside, and saw flames coming from the garage, they than called 911. 

After talking with the occupants of the home it was determined a candle placed too close to combustibles was the cause of the fire. No one was injured escaping or fighting the fire. The home and contents are a complete loss with damages exceeding $120,000.

Print
Email
|