SPOKANE, Wash. — The heat is on! Highs will be nearing or breaking heat records for Tuesday August 29, 2017.
Five facts about the heat in Spokane:
- The hottest temperature recorded in Spokane on August 29 is 98 degrees, set back in 1929. We could see record breaking levels today. The forecast for August 29, 2017 is 98 degrees.
- This heat is not normal! Normal high temperatures at the end of August in Spokane are typically in the low 80's.
- Tuesday marks 62 days without measurable rainfall in Spokane.
- 73 consecutive days without rain is the record.
- Last time we saw measurable rain in Spokane was June 28, 2017.
© 2018 KREM