STEVENS COUNTY, Wash. – The Northeast Tri County Health District said Kettle Falls, Colville and Chewelah are experiencing a norovirus outbreak.
Health officials said norovirus is a highly contagious virus that causes inflammation of the stomach and small intestines which leads to abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. They said the virus can survive on surfaces for days or weeks and not all disinfectants will kill it.
People with norovirus typically show symptoms within 12 to 48 hours of exposure.
For more specific information, you can call (509) 684-5048 or email email@example.com