SPOKANE, Wash. – A man who was arrested for rape Monday morning told detectives he “didn’t lay a finger on her,” according to court documents.

Torrey Gambill, 35, has been charged with third degree rape, third degree assault, unlawful imprisonment and harassment. He made his first court appearance Tuesday afternoon. A judge set his bond at $100,000.

Detectives served a search warrant at Gambill’s home on North Palomino Lane at 9:00 a.m. Monday. According to court documents, detectives had to force entry into the home because no one was responding to the loud knocks on the door. Gambill exited out out of an upstairs bedroom into the hallway where a detective told him to lie down and put handcuffs on him. Gambill told the detectives his girlfriend was also in the home, court documents said. She was detained while they checked the rest of the home.

Court documents said Gambill was taken to the Major Crimes Office to be interviewed and detective took a DNA sample from him. According to court documents, Gambill made unsolicited statements to detectives saying he had a woman over at his house two weeks ago, they stopped having fun, the woman was drunk, he made her leave and didn’t lay a finger on her. Court documents said Gambill told detectives he and the woman had consensual sex one time before and she was drunk then but the last time he did not lay a finger on her.

Court documents said Gambill has past felony convictions in 2007 in Spokane County for third degree assault, harassment-threat to kill and felony battery with serious injury out of Newport Beach, California in 2011.

Detectives also interviewed Gambill’s girlfriend who was living in the home. She told detectives she met him in Los Angeles in 2015 and moved to Spokane in April 2017. According to court documents, the girlfriend said their relationship was “dominant submissive.” She went on to say they met on Tinder and they used the site to meet other women to have sexual encounters with. She said she was at work on November 11, when the alleged rape and assault occurred.

The victim of the rape and assault said she met Gambill on Tinder a few weeks earlier. She said she went out with her friends earlier in the evening and Gambill contacted her when she was going home. He wanted to meet and they agreed to go to a local restaurant/bar in North Spokane. She said after some conversation and a couple of drinks they decided to go to Gambill’s home where the sexual and physical assault happened.

Last week, a detective met with the victim again. She said when she met Gambill, they seemed to have a lot in common and they had been intimate prior to the night of the assault.

Officials said the victim then went over what happened the night of the assault. She told the detective when they left the restaurant to go to Gambill’s house, she started to notice she was having trouble remembering things. When they got to the house, she said they started watching TV and later started to have consensual sex but Gambill became abusive.

The victim told detectives Gambill hit her and put his hand on her throat. She said she told him to stop but he said no. After the sexual assault, she said he hit her and demanded that she follow his orders. She said he kept getting angrier every time she said no.

During the assault, the victim said she was grabbed by the neck, hit, kicked and pushed to the ground. She said Gambill would not let her leave, threatened to kill and maim her, called her profane names and made derogatory statements about women. After about an hour of abuse, she said Gambill let her leave and she went to the hospital and reported the incident.