SPOKANE, Wash. – The man facing three counts of murder from an incident in Colbert was back in the courtroom Wednesday to listen to his estranged wife continue her testimony about her relationship with him.

Roy Murry is facing those three murder charges, an arson charge, and an attempted murder charge. Investigators said Murry is facing that attempted murder charge because had his ex-wife come home that night and not stayed late at work, he would have killed her too.

On the witness stand again after first speaking on Tuesday, Amanda Constable said Roy Murry’s behavior became increasingly irrational during their marriage and said he had a temper and held grudges. She said Murry trusted few people.

“He put so much weight in his trust in me and that so few people were trusted that he put me on this pedestal that I was someone he could trust and he couldn’t function without that,” Constable said on the stand.

Constable had moved back in with her family in Colbert. She was living with them when her stepfather, Spokane Fire Lt. Terry Canfield, her mother Lisa Canfield and her brother John Constable were all shot to death.

The prosecution questioned Constable about money and a safe in the home that were left untouched – likely to show robbery wasn’t the motive behind their murders.

When asked what Murry thought of her family, Constable said he felt like they were pulling her away from him.

“He felt like they were influencing me to, like against him and causing me to treat him poorly,” she said.

Constable also said she was scared to ask him for a divorce, but said Murry finally brought it up and when he did she said he sounded upbeat and it surprised her.

Constable said that Murry also insinuated she was in a romantic relationship with a friend of hers. The night of the murders, Constable ended up working overtime and got home later than usual.

She also said Murry was familiar with her work schedule and knew what time she would normally get home. Detectives believe Constable would be dead if she had not worked late that night.

The trial is expected to last six weeks.