COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho – Coeur d’Alene fire crews battled a suspected garage fire on North 10th Street and East Pennsylvania Avenue Tuesday.
A neighbor said he was taking out the trash when he saw smoke. He said he rain over to see if anyone was inside the house and ended up rescuing the homeowner’s dog.
RIGHT NOW: crews battling what appears to be a garage fire on 10th and Pennsylvania in CdA. pic.twitter.com/RmdCHurByD— Taylor Viydo (@KREMTaylor) June 7, 2017
The neighbor also mentioned the homeowners had recently completed a remodel.
Here's the dog that the neighbor rescued. Fire was in garage & dog was in different part of the home. Home was starting to get smoky, though pic.twitter.com/JQbKiBdApA— Taylor Viydo (@KREMTaylor) June 7, 2017
The Coeur d'Alene Fire Department said it is too early to tell what started the fire. Most of the damage appeared to be in the garage. Two cars inside the garage were heavily damaged.
This is a developing story and will be updated.