Baby and toddler mattresses are being recalled because they violate mandatory federal flammability standards posing a fire risk.
The recall involves 23,400 mattresses sold by Dream on Me at Amazon.com, Kohl's.com, ToysRUs.com, Walmart.com and Wayfair.com.
Mattresses under recall:
- Évolur Sleep Ultra Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress - Model 849
- Évolur Sleep Deluxe Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress - Model 850
- Sweet Dreams 6” 88 Coil Spring Crib - Model 87
- 88 Coil Inner Spring Standard Crib & Toddler Mattress - Model 88
- Visco Pedic Innerspring Standard Mattress in Blue Star - Model 150V_1
- Convoluted Orthopedic Inner Spring Standard Mattress - Model 150C
- Firm Foam Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress - Model 6E6WL
- 5" Foam Crib & Toddler Bed Quilted Standard Mattress - Model 5B5
- 5” Round Foam Crib Mattress - Model 42R
- 5" Thick Round Crib Mattress - Model 40R1
The mattresses were sold between January 2016 and December 2016 for between $40 and $90.
Though no injuries have been reported, consumers should stop using the mattresses and contact Dream on Me for a free replacement mattress cover that is compliant to federal flammability laws.